[alsa-devel] Altec Lansing FX5051 mixer

Jeremy Nickurak alsa-devel at atrus.rifetech.com
Mon Aug 27 17:23:59 CEST 2007

I recently purchased an Altec Lansing USB Surround speaker set. (It's a set of 5.1 speakers, with a built-in USB sound card). I've got about a week before the return policy expires and I'd have to return it.

The mixer doesn't work at all w/linux kernel 2.6.22, everything is locked at 100% volume, which is pretty unhelpful, as it's the only way to adjust the volume. (no analog controls).

Also, the digital control panel locks up when the speakers power up, further preventing any access to the volume controls.

The device works out-of-the-box without any drivers under XP, so I have to so-far assume that alsa's usb-audio is missing something.

Any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

I'm more than happy to prod the device and submit any information I can extract about it, or even potentially opening the device up for remote access if a reputable developer is interested in examining it.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus at rifetech.com =-