[alsa-devel] ESI reply!! (MAYA44 datasheet request)

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Wed Aug 22 20:02:24 CEST 2007

Claus Riethmueller wrote:

>> Now, if ESI cannot even provide this, we should highlight ESI in RED in
>> the sound card matrix.
>
> As you can guess, it was this sentence that prompted me to reply directly to
> the list. In my opinion, your comment is unfair and simply ignoring major
> parts of what I wrote in my mail to Piotr. I have shown a certain level of
> commitment and your response basically tells me that you are not even
> interested ... if more people would share your views, ALSA would have made
> no development at all in the last 5 years I guess.

I think it is only fair to mention that for FreeBoB, ESI was the first
company to provide us with hardware to develop with. They provided us
with a QuataFire610 even before we had a single line of code. Compared
to the hassle we experience with other vendors, even to date, I consider
this a very open and constructive attitude.

Greets,

Pieter Palmers
FreeBoB/FFADO developer