[alsa-devel] HDA - Add more support for Dell systems.

Michael Gerdau mgerdau at tiscali.de
Tue Aug 21 10:51:12 CEST 2007

> > I did.  It worked yesterday according to Michael Gerdau, but apparently it
> > doesn't today.
>
> Well, that's what I wondered.
>
> Michael, could you check the default pincfg entries in
> /proc/asound/card0/codec#* whether they really match with the values
> in patch_sigmatel.c?

Ok, took me some more time (didn't want to test while almost asleep...)

/proc/asound/card0/codec#* _do_ reflect the pincfg entries as of
patch_sigmatel.c

I also once again have my sound working with both Dell-XPS.patch (the
one I originally tested) as well as the later version Dell.patch. I
also have a working LFE control with both patches.

I have not yet a clear understanding why I did not have sound and LFE
yesterday. However the thing that's different is that yesterday morning
I booted into a kernel with the patched alsa and did no other alsa mod
unload/load until I reverted the patch (when I got back my sound).

When doing my initial test as well as todays test I booted into the
pristine hg20070818 (or hg20070817 back then) driver and loaded the
patched modules via '/etc/init.d/alsasound restart'.

I can't reboot the machine until about 16:00 today to check whether
booting into the patched driver does make a difference or not but I
will do so this afternoon and report my results (of course this could
be a red hering).

FYI I've attached /proc/asound/card0/codec#* to this mail in case that
is of interest.

Best,
Michael
--