[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel, AD 1988b: SPDIF output not working correctly, volume low for analog output

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 20 11:54:25 CEST 2007

At Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:35:46 +0800,
Sigi Jekabsons wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Then it must be a usage error.  In the ALSA system, the same stream is
> > used regardless of audio or non-audio data.
> >
> > It might be that you set non-audio bit permanently.  Verify with
> > iecset program in alsa-utils package.
> >

> > Takashi
> >
> Audio mode is enabled.  I haven't made any other changes since compiling
> in the modifications I mentioned earlier.

Well, the strange thing is that the line you commented out (the
connection select of 0x0b) is overwritten via "IEC95 Playback Source"
control.  Is it set to "PCM"?

And, check the AMP and connection of the widgets 0x0b and 0x1b via
codec#0 file.  Are these values really different from what you
commented out?