[alsa-devel] ESI MAYA44 PCI - ESI wants to collaborate!

Piotrek oponek at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 09:28:34 CEST 2007

     Referring to the lack of the official ALSA support of ESI MAYA44 PCI
(in fact, the card does not work) I would like to ask I there are any plans
to get this card working with ALSA? I would be thankful to be able to run my
soundcard properly under Linux. There are also a lot of people that would
appreciate your work and are waiting for maya44 pci drivers for linux:
http://www.esiforum.com/show.asp?db=esi&t=esi1&mode=3&msg=793
    I wrote a letter to the UK ESI SUPPORT asking if they were going to
write drivers for their products for Linux systems as well. There is a
reply:

"
Dear Piotr

ESI do not provide and have no plans for Linux drivers for our products
However
ESI are happy to provide /share information to an Individual developer
within the Linux community
That is able and capable to develope drivers
and wishes to develope drivers

Regards
UK Support
ESI Auditechnik
"

It means that ESI will collaborate with developers who would like to write
such driver and share the documentation.

Again the question: Are there any plans to make ESI MAYA44 PCI card working
with ALSA?

I'm not a programmer but I will help you as much as I could.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Makowski