[alsa-devel] Recent code changes for HD-audio on HG repo

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 13 15:48:18 CEST 2007

At Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:03:09 +0200,
Claude Michel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done come test of the new suspend/resume capabilities.
> However suspend failed to correctly work on my laptop (dell d630).
> You must note that there is a few trouble issues with sound on this laptop:
> the snd_hda_intel driver correctly detect a STAC9205 and get the default
> pin configuration from the bios. So far, so good ... however, pin B is by
> default configured as line out and is working as such. But, it does not
> correctly work with an external microphone as it need a vref. So,
> instead of using the
> bios settings, I use the windows default settings. This is not perfectly
> working : I usually get some glinches that disappear after a logout/login
> procedure. Nothing significant appears from a diff between
> /proc/asound/card0/codec0
> before and after this procedure ...
>
> Now let talk about the suspend failure. The suspend procedure (which was
> previously
> working) produce a bug (I was not able to catch the message at this
> stage. This is a
> partial and hand written report ..):
> Bug: unable to handle kernel NULL Pointer deferred at virtual address 0000
> Call trace
> <f9546d24> hda_set_power_state+0x34/0x150 [snd_hda_intel] <f9547768>
> hda_call_code_suspend+0x39/0x60 [snd_hda_intel]
> <f955477b7> snd_hda_suspend+0x27/0x50 [snd_hda_intel]<f954603c>
> azx_suspend+0x60/0xd0 [snd_hda_intel]
> <c023b29ac> pci_device_suspend+0x2c/0x70 <c0f29effd>
> suspend_devide+0xdd/0x110

Could you copy the exact output of these call traces?

> By the way, I am running mandriva 2007.1 with kernel 2.6.17-14mdv.

I guess it's a problem with 2.6.17 kernel.  Maybe the wrapper for the
new kernel API in alsa-driver tree is somehow broken.  Check compiler
warnings especially for the compilation of hda_codec.c, too.

I didn't get oops, at least.  Tthere was another bug that got fixed
today, so please update to the latest version from
hg.alsa-project.org (not from hg-mirror).