[alsa-devel] Audigy: recording level much too low (microphone)

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Fri Aug 10 19:53:14 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 07:53:27PM +0200, Peter Zubaj wrote:

> Replace 0x0000 with value you want. 0x0000 is gain value - 0x0000 is
> minimum and I think it is current default - 0 dB
> 0x0101 is 1.5 dB
> 0x0202 is 3 dB
> 0x0f0f is max - 22.5 dB
> step is 1.5 dB

Yes! Thanks a lot! :) I realize, it's a "workaround" rather than real
solution, but this made Audigy suitable for VOIP (I tried the highest value
of 0x0f0f).

I've got a feeling, it could be even set in release this way for all the
Audigy owners, until the final solution of DSP-related issues will take
place, because it doesn't seem to spoil anything (although I didn't made
much testing of all the available options yet). Or it could be switched on
by some special option: like at "configuration" stage before compilation,
or perhaps even as the additional module parameter.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski