[alsa-devel] Noise on rear speaker when switching from 2.0 to 5.1 sound

Felix Rauscher felixrauscher at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 7 22:10:59 CEST 2007

Hello Takashi

the output of

cat /proc/asound/card0/cmipci

when thwe rear channels are noisy is:

C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0x9400, irq 22

00: 00 00 02 00
04: 14 fc 00 00
08: 0f 00 09 80
0c: 00 00 02 0a
10: 80 00 00 00
14: 00 80 00 80
18: a0 80 c0 0a
1c: 00 00 ee ee
20: 10 40 f8 00
24: 02 3e ff 00
28: ff ff ff ff
2c: ff ff ff ff
30: 00 00 00 00
34: 00 00 00 00
38: 00 00 00 00
3c: 00 00 00 00

after restarting the vdr-xineliboutput client the rear channels were ok. Then
the output was

C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0x9400, irq 22

00: 00 00 02 00
04: 14 fc 00 00
08: 0f 00 09 80
0c: 00 00 02 0a
10: 80 00 00 00
14: 00 80 00 80
18: a0 80 c0 0a
1c: 00 00 ee ee
20: 10 40 f9 00
24: 02 3e ff 00
28: ff ff ff ff
2c: ff ff ff ff
30: 00 00 00 00
34: 00 00 00 00
38: 00 00 00 00
3c: 00 00 00 00

A diff off these outputs found als only difference the line starting
with '20:'.

In advance, thank you for your help!

Felix