[alsa-devel] MPC5200 I2S driver for ASoC

lokowich lokowich at acdstar.com
Wed Aug 1 19:33:34 CEST 2007

I'm integrating a ALSA driver for an MPC5200 into the ASoC layer,
similar to my successful effort for a PXA255 board.  I'm modeling the
DMA and ALSA interfaces per ac97mgt driver found in the Lite5200B BSP,
rather than the BestComm API example in the 2.4 kernel.  The
speaker-test with 400Hz sine wave is working, but has a slight audible
jitter.  A wav file output using aplay produces white noise.  Debugging
shows I get two requests for buffer pointer per service of my transmit
ISR (after the single call to snd_pcm_period_elapsed).  I expect only
one pointer request per interrupt.  Could this be the noise problem?