[alsa-devel] Alsa OSS - who is maintaining it?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Apr 3 11:19:57 CEST 2007

At Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:35:21 +0200,
Stefan de Konink wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:08:09 +0200 (CEST),
> > Stefan de Konink wrote:

> >> I did not.
> >
> > Then try it if you have one.
>
> Don't have one.

It's a pity.

> >> I'm only using the in kernel translation.
> >
> > Then try aoss, too.
>
> aoss program gives the the same garbage.

Hm, then I suspect rather it's a problem in the aoa driver side.

To make sure, check /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params has no
"OSS" entry when you're playing via aoss.  If a line like "OSS Format"
appears there, it is still kernel oss-emulation.

After you confirm it's a native ALSA in the driver execution, compare
the parameters there between the working status (using ALSA API) and
non-working status (OSS API).