[Sound-open-firmware] Hifi4 DSP

Laurent Ovaert sid6582 at msn.com
Wed Jul 27 11:21:08 CEST 2022

Dear list,

I wonder how much is the Hifi4 DSP supported in sof for the GCC (not XCC) toolchain ?
I am a DSP engineer not part of an organization and i cannot get XCC from Cadence so i really count on GCC.

I read in the FAQs that GCC has no Hifi SIMD support. Does it mean just no intrinsics support and of course no chance for auto-vectorization ?

What about writing pure Hifi4 assembly code?
When building the lx7hifi4-gcc10.2-gdb9 toolchain, can the assembler actually assemble Hifi4 code without restriction ? What about qemu support for Hifi4 ?

I am surprised Cadence is not giving the compiler or at least the assrmbler for the Hifi4 :-/

Thanks,
Laurent