[Sound-open-firmware] Handling SIGTSTP (Ctrl+Z) /SIGCONT/fg with aplay/cplay

Vinod Koul vkoul at kernel.org
Wed Jan 5 16:56:47 CET 2022

Hi Daniel,

On 05-01-22, 16:31, Daniel Baluta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any quick document for handling Ctrl + Z with aplay/cplay?

cplay does have have handler for it, patches would be welcome :)

> I don't see this signal handled with alsa-lib or tinycompress although
> linux kernel offers PAUSE/RESUME ioctls.

Are you sure, I checked with aplay, it seems to me work for me on Fedora

$ aplay test.wav
Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
^Z
[1]+  Stopped                 aplay test.wav

It did pause the file and I was able to resume it from the last
position.

FWIW:
$ aplay --version
aplay: version 1.2.6 by Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>

> What should be the expected behavior?

Pause the stream should be apt behaviour, unless Takashi or Jaroslav
have better ideas

--
~Vinod