[Sound-open-firmware] New, separate sof-tplg-v1.2.3.tar.gz tarball release for topologies

Herbert, Marc marc.herbert at intel.com
Tue Feb 22 17:08:23 CET 2022

Jaroslav,

We could send information to this list but... my messages do not make it.

I answered https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/sound-open-firmware/2022-February/004347.html 2 weeks ago and my answer was never moderated.

This message below did not make it either.

Before sending it I tried to subscribe but that did not seem to work either.

Marc

On 2022-02-22, 01:26, "Jaroslav Kysela" <perex at perex.cz> wrote:

    On 22. 02. 22 7:33, Herbert, Marc wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    >   Topologies tend to require more frequent releases, so we plan to split future sof binary releases into two different tarballs instead of one.

    >   sof-bin-v1.2.3.tar.gz # firmare _and_ topologies in the same tarball

    >    sof-bin-v1.2.4.tar.gz  # firmware
    >   sof-tplg-v1.2.4.tar.gz  # topologies
    >
    > Every firmware tarball will have a corresponding topologies tarball.
    >
    > Some topologies releases will have NO corresponding firmware tarball.
    >
    > At this point in time there is no plan to change the structure of the sof-bin git repo, this change will affect tarballs only.
    >
    > Thoughts, comments? Thanks!

    Hi,

    	the split looks fine. I would suggest to write the required sof-bin version
    by sof-tplg to each release notes on github to make things clear.

    					Jaroslav

    BTW: Could you send information about new releases to this list?

    --
    Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>