[Sound-open-firmware] sof-logger status on SOF with Zephyr

Girdwood, Liam R liam.r.girdwood at intel.com
Mon Aug 29 16:18:11 CEST 2022

On Mon, 2022-08-29 at 10:35 +0000, Daniel Baluta wrote:
> Hi Liam,
>
> What is the plan for sof-logger with SOF-Zephyr? Is it working on
> Intel platforms?
> We are now planning on looking at it and we want to understand if it
> will be used in the future.
>
> For now on i.MX the logger is disabled.

Zephyr uses a Mipi SYS-T standards for logging and tracing and hence
SOF will also use the same standard when built with Zephyr.

https://www.mipi.org/specifications/sys-t

There is already some tooling available in Zephyr and SOF should
transition to this when everything is ready. PRs (e.g. mtrace) should
be merging this next/week.

We will have a period of transition where we will need to manage both
on main (stable branches would still use the old logger). I think Kai
has a workaround in place to get the Zephyr log data out atm until all
the PRs are merged.

Liam