[Sound-open-firmware] Adding more clients to the KPB draining task

Cristina Feies (ilie) cristina.ilie at nxp.com
Tue Jan 26 17:18:02 CET 2021

Hi all,

I would like to add new client for the draining task in KPB component. I observed there is a register function and init_draining receives a parameter with all the client data.
However in init_draining when the draining_task is created the draining sink is fixed to host sink and is not read from the client parameter. Moreover I see that when draining data from history buffer on host sink(kpb_drain_samples function), the read pointer (r_ptr) of the history buffer is advanced. So we consume this buffer from the first client. Is there a patch which addresses multiple clients for the draining task? I would like to add the keyword detection component as client of the KPB draining task but this would be the second customer, after the host.

Thank you,
Cristina