[Sound-open-firmware] Generic power management layer

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at nxp.com
Thu Jun 4 18:27:55 CEST 2020

On 04.06.2020 19:20, Sridharan, Ranjani wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 17:42 +0300, Daniel Baluta wrote:
>> Hi Liam, Ranjani,
>>
>> I am now looking at implementing the PM features
>> on i.MX platforms and I have some questions.
>>
>> 1) Where can I find some documentation about the SHIM
>> layer PM related registers.
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am afraid the documentation related to these registers in Intel
> confidential and cannot be shared externally.
>> e.g apollolake/include/platform/lib/shim.h:
>>
>> #define SHIM_PWRCTL              0
>>
>> 2) I am looking if it makes sense to have some generic Xtensa
>> code to put the core in reset at PM suspend. I have seen this
>> registers:
>>
>> arch/xtensa/include/xtensa/xdm-regs.h:
>> #define PWRCTL_CORE_RESET
> But these are platform-specific registers and should be done in the
> platform-specific code isnt it?

It is my impression that PWRCTL_* registers from

src/xtensa/include/xtensa/xdm-regs are not platform specific

but Xtensa arch specific. So, in theory because NXP/Intel

use the same architecture we could design some basic generic

PM functions.

Anyhow, for now I will concentrate on NXP specific stuff.

Thanks a lot for your answer.