[Sound-open-firmware] Generic power management layer

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:42:00 CEST 2020

Hi Liam, Ranjani,

I am now looking at implementing the PM features
on i.MX platforms and I have some questions.

1) Where can I find some documentation about the SHIM
layer PM related registers.

e.g apollolake/include/platform/lib/shim.h:

#define SHIM_PWRCTL              0

2) I am looking if it makes sense to have some generic Xtensa
code to put the core in reset at PM suspend. I have seen this
registers:

arch/xtensa/include/xtensa/xdm-regs.h:
#define PWRCTL_CORE_RESET

I wonder if this would make sense for Intel side? Is there any documentation
about the PM states of HIfi DSP in Intel integrations?

thanks,
Daniel.