[Sound-open-firmware] Question about DMA interrupts

Paul Olaru paul.olaru at nxp.com
Wed Feb 26 14:54:07 CET 2020

Hello, I'm currently working on implementing the driver for a new DMA controller on the i.MX platform.
I'm currently looking at the interrupt handling part and I figure that there is nothing I could find in the
documentation or prior code pointing at the ability to mask and unmask interrupts for the individual
channels. Also, the interrupts go through a single IRQ line, if that is helpful.

I figured I may be able to use the DMA single channel domain for this purpose, however I don't know what
Implementation I should do in the dma_interrupt callback of the actual DMA driver. Can you chime in on this?

Commit message says the single channel domain cannot be used with DMAs that require manual reload of the
transfer descriptors, so what should I do? I mean I think I could do 2 descriptors to avoid manual reloading but
if I can't what should I try next?