[Sound-open-firmware] Backport of SOF driver to 5.2.9 fixes

Ranjani Sridharan ranjani.sridharan at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 25 17:19:52 CEST 2019

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/commit/bf705eaa7ce07f9c132f8e367fc2fc46b7842528#diff-cea2d94f890861b7634fd37c0b28f5e1

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/commit/64632de9140e52b72781fefe542314db7cd29d8c#diff-cea2d94f890861b7634fd37c0b28f5e1

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/commit/7623ae793c28cc0928c5d1292542dbb92fc2e9e2#diff-8f8468b53f48ad4bb215687e90b21d04

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/commit/f5dbba9fee801f4678a50d92c785f7f24d4ee2c6#diff-8f8468b53f48ad4bb215687e90b21d04

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/commit/bb1ea3b31c28a131a5f5a50dd325198645526b19#diff-cea2d94f890861b7634fd37c0b28f5e1

> We're still doing some testing to get confidence the fix is correct
> and stable but so far it looks good - everything is working.
Hi Mark,
All of the above changes are related to the HDA Link DMA programming
changes that were made a few months ago. These changes work only with
FW ABI version 3.8+.

I'd also take these as they were part of the original series and a
couple of bug fixes later on:

ASoC: SOF: hda: reserve host DMA channel for hostless streams
ASoC: SOF: hda: couple host and link DMA during FE hw_free
ASoC: SOF: hda: fix link DMA config
ASoC: SOF: hda: fix stream id setting

Thanks,
Ranjani