[Sound-open-firmware] Questions about the pause-release flow

Paul Olaru paul.olaru at nxp.com
Mon Sep 16 09:31:16 CEST 2019

Right now I have a working (but not yet cleaned up) set of drivers (host DMA,
DAI DMA and DAI itself) and I figured I could test for pause-release (even if the
rates seem incorrect; can't actually check for correctness until the codec driver
is also ready).

The issue I encountered is: I can pause, however whenever I press <SPACE> again
on aplay, I get "pause release error: Invalid argument" and the SOF log shows
"dai_comp_trigger(), PAUSE/STOP" immediately followed by a -22 (-EINVAL)
return code from pipeline_trigger.

Shouldn't unpausing actually send COMP_TRIGGER_RELEASE?

I am doing my own state checking but I suspect it may be wrong.

What should I look into, and is this actually correct behavior?