[Sound-open-firmware] How to figure out the direction when dai_config is called?

Paul Olaru paul.olaru at nxp.com
Thu Nov 7 13:18:31 CET 2019

On the i.MX platform, the SAI and ESAI DAIs require the direction (whether it's playback or capture) to be able to
correctly decide which DMA channel is to be used (the channels differ between playback and capture). I have just
made a simple modification to the pipeline to also have a record pipeline on the ESAI and I'm getting an error
due to attempting to request channel 7 (Playback) twice. It seems that dai_config is called twice within the same
IPC request (once for each instance of the DAI) and in both cases with the same direction too.

What would be the best approach with this one?

I have attached the diff with my current attempt to adding that record pipeline. Perhaps something is wrong with
that?