[Sound-open-firmware] Multiple configurations per DAI in topology

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 6 21:46:46 CET 2019

Hi,

> Is there a way to create multiple configurations for an SSP DAI in a
> topology file? I see there's an open issue on the soft repo for that (
> https://github.com/thesofproject/soft/issues/11 ), but soft is now
> archived. Issue #630: https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/issues/630
> seems somewhat similar, but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

Ah, thanks for reporting this.

There are two issues here:
1. we really want the topology to contain more than one configuration,
and let the kernel pass the relevant one based on current usage so that
the correct bclk, mclk etc are used. This is not supported currently. I
just re-added this issue for the Linux kernel and topoplogy.

2. the PR 630 https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/issues/630 is about
combining or splitting information between DAIs, or possibly from a
single TDM DAI. This is more of a firmware logic part, not really
something related to the configuration of the hardware registers
controlling the interface.

Does this help?
Regards
-Pierre