[Sound-open-firmware] SOF dynamic module loading

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 28 17:30:56 CEST 2019

Hi Daniel,

https://github.com/thesofproject/sof/tree/topic/module

> We have some decoding/encoding algorithms and we need to be
> able to dynamically load them and use them in a simple pipeline like
> this:
>

> -> Host0 -> Buffer0 \
>                                    Algorithm
> <-Host1  <- Buffer1 /
>

> Any pointers are welcomed.

The module branch is WiP but has stalled as I've had to work on other
stuff.  It still needs

1) Infrastructure within FW to load module via IPC command (I think
most relocation types are now processed). It should be able to process
.o files built with xtensa xt-cc or xtensa-gcc.

2) IPC commands for loading and unloading.

3) Driver support for new IPC ommands.

Liam