[Sound-open-firmware] Creating Pull Requests for specific issues

Jankowski, Janusz janusz.jankowski at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 10 14:33:11 CEST 2019

Hello,

When you create PR that is aimed to solve some specific issue, please
include in PR description sentence like "Closes #IssueNumber". This way
issue will be closed automatically when PR is merged and we will not
have dangling issues that got solved but forgotten and maintainers are
not sure if they can be closed.

Also please take care and don't write something like "Partially resolves
#SomeIssue", because GitHub will catch it and it will close this issue,
when author intention probably was not to do it.

I recommend you to take a look at this:
https://help.github.com/en/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords

Thanks,

Janusz