[Sound-open-firmware] Questions about the SOF coredump reader

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 15:58:52 CEST 2019

On Fri, 2019-07-26 at 13:09 +0000, Paul Olaru wrote:
> Figured it out, I had to use the proper version of GCC, now the tool
> can properly parse panics. Still, I only get this info for actual
> panic() calls, for exceptions I see that the DSP hangs instead of
> calling the exception() handler.

Fwiw, we have seen some differences with GCC compiled stack traces with
this tool. It seems XCC and GCC have some differences in window usage
which may confuse the tool. There is an issue on GH logged for this
that Kai was looking at before vacation.

Tool works perfectly with XCC compiled code.

Liam

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47