[Sound-open-firmware] Signed firmware availability for kbl/cnl

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 9 23:16:50 CEST 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-09 at 14:45 +0800, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the hard work on SOF! We are hoping to try it on
> consumer products in order to support the internal digital mic, which
> is not supported when running in HDA mode.
>
> Specifically Acer AIO Aspire Z24-890 (Intel i3-8100T) and ASUS
> MJ401TA
> (Intel m3-8100Y) are two models we have in hand right now.
>
> I gather from previous discussions that even though the sof source
> code is public, the resultant binary files need to be signed by Intel
> before they can be used. Is that correct? If so, when will these be
> made available?
>
> The files that Linux 5.2 is looking for here are:
> sof-cnl.ri
> sof-cnl-nocodec.tplg
> sof-kbl.ri
> sof-kbl-nocodec.tplg

Sorry, I have the signed files ready now, there was a little delay
getting the CI infrastructure ready for signing so I will post on the
GH release page later tomorrow.

Please note, there is no signed KBL release yet as the firmware and
driver still need some work to cater for the different FW boot flow on
KBL. I'm also not sure when/if KBL will be done since it's an older
platform and currently supported upstream using the closed FW.

I will also be upstreaming the FW binaries to the linux FW repository
so they will be available by default on the next distro release cycle.

Thanks

Liam