[Sound-open-firmware] help with unit tests

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 28 21:47:35 CET 2019

> I am a new user from VeriSilicon, also trying to get unit tests to run.   Thanks for bringing this project to GitHub.
Welcome!

>> repo init -u https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-manifests
>>
>> repo sync -c
> My environment is:   Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
>
> When trying the alternate method described by Pierre, I get the following permission denied error:
>
> ~/work/sof$ repo init -u https:://github.com/thesofproject/sof-manifests
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/home/us9005/work/sof/.repo/repo/main.py", line 40, in <module>
>      import event_log
>    File "/home/us9005/work/sof/.repo/repo/event_log.py", line 165, in <module>
>      _EVENT_ID = multiprocessing.Value('i', 1)
>    File "/snap/git-repo/18/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/__init__.py", line 253, in Value
>      return Value(typecode_or_type, *args, **kwds)
>    File "/snap/git-repo/18/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/sharedctypes.py", line 108, in Value
>      lock = RLock()
>   File "/snap/git-repo/18/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/__init__.py", line 183, in RLock
>      return RLock()
>    File "/snap/git-repo/18/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 172, in __init__
>      SemLock.__init__(self, RECURSIVE_MUTEX, 1, 1)
>    File "/snap/git-repo/18/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 75, in __init__
>      sl = self._semlock = _multiprocessing.SemLock(kind, value, maxvalue)
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
>
> Is this a repository permission I am lacking?   Is there a particular build-script that includes the xtensa-xt* toolchain for unit tests?

This error seems to come from a different version of 'repo'. I use the
one from the Chrome tools, not sure what this is using.

There may also be a misunderstanding. The Xtensa XTCC compiler chain is
not directly available to the general public but only to Cadence
licensees or Intel partners/customers for specific architectures. The
exceptions are open platforms such as the MinnowBoard or SueCreek for
which you can get the tools with a simple registration on the Cadence
tools web site.

The 'repo' script is not going to provide you access to those tools, it
only extracts GCC, firmware and Linux kernel.

Regards

-Pierre