[Sound-open-firmware] Questions about the DMA driver flow in SOF

Paul Olaru paul.olaru at nxp.com
Fri Aug 30 11:56:23 CEST 2019

In the old framework, the DMA interrupts were indeed those that scheduled the pipe. I'm not sure if the iMX platform even has a driver for timers in SOF at the moment.

So copy() just reports on how much has been copied already? I do get that the IRQ callback is to be called inside the IRQ handler (currently I'm having issues with the driver implementation and I'm not sure if it's due to the implementation itself or due to me not understanding this properly in implementing the host DMA).

For how to interpret the information in next(), would the DW driver be good inspiration? The HDA one?