[Sound-open-firmware] Status of Braswell

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 26 21:02:41 CEST 2019

Hi Curtis,

> I am just curious what the status of Braswell devices are right now.
> If the status is unknown that is fine. I may be doing some
> experimenting with them in the near future. Any known issues or
> caveats would be appreciated. :)

braswell is essentially cherrytrail which is very nearly identical to
baytrail except for an oscillator frequency. I tested SOF on Cyan a
number of times in the past, so all the plumbing should already be there.
The only caveat is that there is quite a bit of DMA rework at the moment
so there might be some re-testing required if you take the latest
development branch.
Also our module load/reload tests failed, but it's more of a dependency
with the max98080/TI aux chip that's not well handled than SOF proper.
-Pierre