[Sound-open-firmware] SOF project recommendation

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 3 10:14:26 CEST 2019

On 3.4.2019 10.35, Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Welcome to SOF!
>
> On 3.4.2019 9.15, Salma raiss wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm a Master 2 student at "Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO)".
>> Currently I'm working on  the "Implementation of audio processing on a
>> DSP's target", and I would like to have some recommendations
>> concerning the
>> following points:
>>
>> - What would you recommend me to start with?
>> - What path would you recommend me to follow?
>> - Which board would you recommend me to use?
>
> I'm using myself for most of development Up Squared board
>
> https://up-board.org/upsquared/specifications/
>
> The board does not contain a codec but e.g. HiFiBerry DAC+ provides
> line-out. A board with both line-in and line-out would be ideal for
> you but I'm not sure if such exist. Others on this list (Pierre) are
> better up to date with what's available.
>
> For SOF please take a look into the documents
> https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/index.html and specifically for
> UP2 this
> https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/getting_started/setup/setup_up_2_board.html
> .

I'm sorry, seems like the BIOS download URL there is not into a public
server (mistake). Until a BIOS that works with they firmware signing
that SOF uses the board is not suitable for development use that I
talked about!

I'll update to this thread if there's such available and get the URL fixed.

Minnowboard is an option but it's getting old as platform.