[Sound-open-firmware] MIC record support on Apollo lake

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 15 18:49:16 CET 2018

Hi Wasim,

On 11/15/18 11:33 AM, Muhammed, Wasim wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>        I am trying to add MIC as an record device in the SOF firmware on the Apollo lake MRB platform.
>
>        Is this supported by the SOF architecture already?

To the best of my knowledge, only analog microphones connected to the
Dirana chip can be used on this platform. The microphones would thus
appear as a set of slots on the TDM link, and that configuration is
supported by the SSP code as long as you have a matching setup on Dirana
and APL. Would you mind sharing which versions/SHA1s you are currently
using for Linux driver and firmware to help confirm my answer?

Thanks

-Pierre