[Sound-open-firmware] How to create topologies

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 1 18:36:00 CET 2018

On 2/27/18 12:55 AM, Mustafa, Muhammad wrote:
> Hi, Is there any documentation on how to create topology on SOF?

There is no formal documentation per se but many examples in the sof
tools topology/ directory. The simplest ones are passthrough with just
the host DMA buffer passed to the DAI (and vice versa for capture),
there are more complicated ones with a mixer and multiple pipelines.
We don't use directly the alsa-lib conf format since it's not very
readable or self-explanatory but use M4 macros which expand into the
alsa-lib conf format.
At some point I guess we will have a topology editor but for now it's
text file only.

BTW please subscribe to the mailing list, only subscribers are allowed
to post. Thanks.