[Sound-open-firmware] code stabilization

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 13 22:17:23 CEST 2018

Hi,

Since there's been a lot of churn and issues this week, I thought I
would share what works for me in a simple setup (Up^2 board with
Hifiberry DAC+/PCM512x). The commits below seem to work decently,
without the usual topology load failures, IPC timeouts or corrupted
sound that were reported by others.

It would be nice if others could try and reproduce those results and try
on different APL/CNL boards with the xt-xcc compiler. Don't try on
Baytrail/Cherrytrail/Broadwell for now until the GCC compilations issues
are fixed.

I would recommend we stop merging new features or fixes for corner cases
to reach our goal of a stable release in the coming days, or push them
to -next while we deal with those annoying first-order issues.

Thanks

-Pierre

Kernel (2 branches maintained)

topic/sof-v4.14

commit cae4773bbd83 ('ASoC: SOF: apply IPC changes to byt')

topic/sof-dev (4.17)

commit a3a39f21218c ('Merge pull request #28 from RanderWang/ipx_fix')

SOF master

commit 295d0c131c79 ('Merge pull request #81 from
tlauda/topic/volume_processing')

SOFT master

commit 2abbfc0910c ('Merge pull request #28 from plbossart/debug/pcm512x')