amixer-gtk

aitor aitor_czr at gnuinos.org
Sun Jan 29 16:53:37 CET 2023

Hi all,

This might be a bit off-topic in a low level mailing list like this (I mean, at kernel level),
but I would like to share with you a new gtk based interface for alsa mixer I'm working on.
I called it amixer-gtk because most of the code in the backend is built on top of Jaroslav's amixer.
If you want to give it a try, just download the git repo and follow the explanations in the README:

$ git clonehttps://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/amixer-gtk.git

By default, the source will be built in gtk2, but you can change gtkmm-2.4 with gtmm-3.0 in the ui/Makefile
if you wish. Feedback is welcome, especially with regard to devices, cards, and so on... ;~)

On the other hand, one of the reasons I'm writing here concerns the licensing issue. Files like:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/amixer-gtk/src/branch/master/alsa/amixer.c

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/amixer-gtk/src/branch/master/alsa/events.c

contain a header referring to GPL (either version 2 or higher), and also to Jaroslav Kysela. Is this enough?

Cheers,

Aitor.