Sound broken (first couple of seconds play looping) on Sony Vaio VPX11S1E (HDA, ALC262)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 11:05:47 CEST 2022

Hi,

On 9/29/22 08:10, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:33:55 +0200,
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 9/11/22 09:05, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> And if this doesn't change the behavior, try snoop=0 option for
>>> snd-hda-intel module.
>>
>> Thanks, I've just tried with 6.0-rc6 both with and without snoop=0
>> and neither helps I'm afraid.
>
> Then one another thing could be position_fix option of snd-hda-intel.
> Otherwise we need bisection -- supposing it worked well in the past.

Thanks, position_fix=1 does the trick (I did not try any of
the other possible values).

I see there is a snd_pci_quirk position_fix_list, so I guess
I should prepare a patch adding a quirk for this?

Or are some other position_fix values preferred and should
I try those first?

> But as it's a so old laptop, maybe not worth...

Agreed, but it looks like a bisect won't be necessary :)

Regards,

Hans