Some Motu M4 have a different usb device ID

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Wed Sep 7 22:44:10 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #212 was opened from Big-FG:

I just wanted to draw some attention regarding the Motu M4 UCM2 profie

currently USB-Audio.conf has the M4 with usb id 07fd:000b

```
if.motu-m24 {
	Condition {
		Type String
		Haystack "${CardComponents}"
		Needle "USB07fd:000b"
	}
	True.If.M4 {
		Condition {
			Type String
			Haystack "${CardLongName}"
			Needle "MOTU M4"
		}
		True.Define.ProfileName "MOTU/M4"
		False.Define.ProfileName "MOTU/M2"
	}
}
```

but mine is apparently different with 07fd:0008

`Bus 003 Device 002: ID 07fd:0008 Mark of the Unicorn M Series`

after adjusting the USB-Audio.conf with my usb ID the profile loads and works correctly. Im not sure if mine is just a weird one or how many people this may be the case for. Im fine with modifying the conf myself for my card if this is just specific to me as my unit wasnt purchased new but was a used one so Im not sure what might be different.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/212
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf