alsamixer not readable in xterm

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Fri Oct 28 12:27:33 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-utils issue #176 was opened from Frank-Steiner:

Hi,
after upgrading from opensuse 15.3 to 15.4 we realized alsamixer is not useable in standard xterm with white background (which is our default) because the black background vanished. Found https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2021-June/185925.html which explains it.
But that patch was a bad idea for everyone just using standard xterms and not themed ones.

Adding sth. like a "--black-background" switch could be helpful for those people not working with themed X11...
cu,
Frank

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/issues/176
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils