soundwire: user space test utilities

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Tue May 31 16:43:55 CEST 2022

> I am looking for any existing user space test utilities to test
> SOUNDWIRE SUBSYSTEM in Linux kernel. Can someone please point me to
> this.

There are no specific userspace utilities to test the bus itself, you
can use existing alsa-lib/alsa-utils applications to play/capture audio
and check for events, i.e. aplay, arecord, speaker-test, amixer,
alsamixer, evtest

The Intel manager driver provides a set of debugfs features to e.g.
inject a parity error, bad command or test for signal integrity with the
PRBS data generation, but that's low-level for hardware integration
purposes.