Is it possible to set the CM6533 so it has 96 kHz sample rate on capture and 48 kHz for playback using ALSA?

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Sun May 22 20:55:08 CEST 2022

Hi All,

I found this thread
<https://www.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2017-November/127289.html>
on the list that explains why I cannot get 96 kHz sampling with the
C-media CM6533.  Reading the datasheet
<cid:part1.yl7hLKYg.W0fZhG6J at wallawalla.edu> it is tempting to think the
mode I need for my class QSD SDR receiver project, (96 kHz sample rate
on capture and 48 kHz for playback could be selected perhaps by ALSA in
the HID interface). Is this possible to do with ALSA somehow?

The sound cards I purchased for my class on Amazon from Syba, used to
use Via VT1620a codecs, but now have been redesigned to use the C-media
CM6533, and these have the limitation that will not allow 96 kHz
sampling on both capture and playback.  I need to change the present
setting (96 kHz playback, 48 kHz capture) to the opposite.  Page 7 of
the datasheet has a note about this.

Thanks,

Rob

--