Request for setup of new repositories

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Thu May 5 14:49:52 CEST 2022

On Thu, May 5, 2022, at 21:10, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On 05. 05. 22 13:41, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
>> Hi Jaroslav,
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 11:29:22AM +0900, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
>>> Hi Jaroslav,

>>> Additionally today I push documentation for libhitaki into the added
>>> repository:
>>>
>>>   * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki-doc
>>>
>>> I expect Github Pages makes association between the content and publish
>>> URI:
>>>
>>>   * https://alsa-project.github.io/libhitaki-doc
>>>
>>> However it doesn't. I think we have missing configuration. Would I ask
>>> you to change settings following to this instruction?
>>>
>>> https://docs.github.com/en/pages/getting-started-with-github-pages/configuring-a-publishing-source-for-your-github-pages-site
>>
>> Would I request the above to you, please?
>
> Appologize, I already set this last Friday, but forgot to send the
> confirmation e-mail.
>
> https://alsa-project.github.io/libhitaki-doc/

OK. I can see the published pages.

Besides, please fix the URL in "about" information of libhinawa repository.
You probable see a wheel icon in right side of top page. When clicking it,
you can see "website" field has "https://takaswie.github.io/libhinawa-docs/".
Please replace it with "https://alsa-project.github.io/libhinawa-docs/".

> There's possibility to have the doc and sources in one repo (I can specify doc
> subtree). It may reduce the repositories, but I suspect that your preference
> is to have things separated.

At present I prefer separated pages from source since the pages can be
generated from the source, however as you say the inclusive way is worth
to reduce repository maintained by the project. I test the idea later in
my libhinoko repository. When it looks well, I'll request you for
configuration change.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto