alsa starts muted every reboot. /var/lib/alsa/asound.conf file does not exist

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Wed May 4 05:07:51 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-utils issue #145 was opened from dontbejay:

This is a multi distro issue. This has occured in EndeavourOS(XFCE), and Ubuntu(GNOME) as well.  Currently I am on openSUSE(KDE) and alsa has the same issue.  Every boot alsa has "Front" speakers Muted on my Sound Blaster Z. I have to go into alsamixer and unmute them. "sudo alsactl store" seems to do nothing to automatically restore settings on boot. Typing "sudo alsactl restore" Does fix the issue when it is used.

http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=8354e69bed4316f798b2d8300f8109cb6b672d18 (the Front speaker has been manually unmuted)

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/issues/145
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils