realtek ALC1220 : recording samplerate 10x too slow

fenugrec at mail.com fenugrec at mail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:49:34 CET 2022

Thanks for the reply.

> Is audacity recording via pulseaudio?

It's set to "ALSA" for its host interface, and it doesn't seem to offer other options.

Other software like obs-studio works fine. I haven't done a comprehensive survey but I'm happy to try other methods. I doubt this is an audacity bug since even after exiting, it leaves my audio device in a broken state.

> That is, if you keep arecord running (over pulseaudio), and
> start audacity in parallel

Good idea . I just tried, and the recording becomes garbled at the precise instant where audacity is started !

> without the need of complex sound system setup.

This is already as simple as I can make it .... reboot,  run arecord / audacity, and the problem is 100% repeatable.

Regards,
Chris