UCM for Behringer UMC204HD broken

GitHub issues - edited github at alsa-project.org
Fri Jun 24 06:49:09 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #177 was edited from gregory112:

This is related: [https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/128](https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/128).
I came from this issue I filed in Pipewire: [https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues/2471](https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues/2471).

So previously a while back, Behringer UMC204HD was detected as a single stereo input channel. This sound card has two inputs. However, just recently, the channel was separated into two mono channels, which was perfect. However, with the most recent update (I don't know if it's pipewire, pipewire-alsa, alsa-card-profiles, or alsa-ucm), it reverted back into the stereo single input (left/right) mode. What can I do to bring back the previous correct settings (apart from the bugs I filed in Pipewire)? I did not modify any ALSA UCM files.

Previously, a while back: it is detected as UMC204HD 192k (stereo input).
Then: UMC204HD 192k Line 1 (mono) and UMC204HD 192k Line 2 (mono) (this is how it's supposed to be, I think it's from the pull request above).
Now: Back to UMC204HD 192k (stereo input).

Might also be helpful but I am using pipewire. This is the output of `alsaucm listcards`:
```
ALSA lib ucm_subs.c:799:(uc_mgr_get_substituted_value) variable '${var:DirectCardName}' is not defined in this context!
ALSA lib main.c:1541:(snd_use_case_mgr_open) error: failed to import hw:2 use case configuration -22
ALSA lib parser.c:2957:(uc_mgr_scan_master_configs) Unable to open '-hw:2': Invalid argument
alsaucm: error failed to get card list: Invalid argument
```

There is an error for hw:2, which I assume is the Behringer. Here is the result of `alsaucm -chw:2 dump text`.
```
ALSA lib ucm_subs.c:799:(uc_mgr_get_substituted_value) variable '${var:DirectCardName}' is not defined in this context!
ALSA lib main.c:1541:(snd_use_case_mgr_open) error: failed to import hw:2 use case configuration -22
alsaucm: error failed to open sound card hw:2: Invalid argument
```

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/177
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf