No sound on gpd pocket 3

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 24 20:02:20 CET 2022

On 1/24/22 12:35, anthony tonitch wrote:
> HO, I'm really sorry, I did this alsa-info from my main computer over
> ssh and I might have typed the command on the wrong terminal :'(
> here it is http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=8ec2e745ceafb1a659d71eff99ad3a9eda3eb62d

ah, now it's starting to make sense.

I am afraid you have the ES8316 codec, or one of its variants.
/sys/bus/acpi/devices/ESSX8326:00/status 	 15

so no you don't want to use options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=1 but

options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=3

The auto-detection don't work because we use a different codec HID for
the driver selection

	{
		.flags = FLAG_SOF,
		.device = 0x5a98,
		.codec_hid = "ESSX8336",
	},

as well as the machine driver selection

	{
		.id = "ESSX8336",
		.drv_name = "sof-essx8336",
		.sof_tplg_filename = "sof-glk-es8336.tplg",
	},

This is really a problematic set of devices, where absolutely all
possible I2S links have been used, along with GPIO settings and DMICs.

Please file a bug on https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues so
that we can keep track of this and suggest solution.

Thanks!