[RFC 00/37] ASoC: Intel: AVS - Audio DSP for cAVS

Cezary Rojewski cezary.rojewski at intel.com
Mon Feb 7 14:42:22 CET 2022

On 2022-02-02 3:41 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> I don't have an off the shelf answer for you here, like I said half the
> thing here is to split this out from the rest of the series so it can be
> considered separately.  The digital domain stuff is obviously key here,
> the main extra bit for any sort of dynamic DSP routing seems to be
> working out a way for userspace to set up and remove new paths - that's
> probably new userspace ABI.  Perhaps that's a runtime thing with initial
> setup in UCM.  Or perhaps it's better to have something closer to what
> you have done but split out like topology is so that the bulk of the
> code is reusable with other firmwares and there's a thinner layer with
> the firmware specific bits in it.

I've re-organized the series and sent three chunks that could be sent
immediately, at least in my opinion.

HDA bits and IPC protocol plus code loading make the first two and are
probably least important for the current discussion.

Two patches that target topology parsing and path management have been
split into total of 13 patches and sent as an RFC [1]. This should help
in further discussion, extracting the framework-friendly bits and
possibly shaping the new framework interface.

[1]:
https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel/20220207132532.3782412-1-cezary.rojewski@intel.com/T/#t

Regards,
Czarek