Regression playing 24bit/96kHz audio on USB audio interface between 5.10.94 and 5.15.21

Ruud van Asseldonk ruud at veniogames.com
Sat Dec 31 12:38:39 CET 2022

Hi all,

I bisected this and identified e4ea77f8e53f9accb9371fba34c189d0447ecce0
(ALSA: usb-audio: Always apply the hw constraints for implicit fb sync)
as the first commit where it is no longer possible to change the sample
rate. On the parent commit, my sample program successfully changes the
sample rate from 44100 Hz to 96000 Hz, but on e4ea77f8e53f9, the second
call to snd_pcm_hw_params fails.

Kind regards,
Ruud