Buffers used in ASoC Intel Atom SST driver

Cezary Rojewski cezary.rojewski at intel.com
Thu Aug 18 17:59:36 CEST 2022

On 2022-08-18 5:42 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while cleaning up / fixing the memory allocation code, I noticed that
> Intel SST driver is the only driver that currently uses the
> SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_CONTINUOUS pages for its PCM buffer.
>
> Is there any reason not to use the standard device buffer
> (SNDRV_DMA_TYPE_DEV)?  i.e. the change like below.

Hello,

Does not hurt to check the change out. I'm not aware of such limitation
for any of Intel's AudioDSP solutions. I cannot test this change though
as ATOM devices are not part of my CI. Pierre, do you have any devices
where this change could be tested?

Adding Hans as he is the key intel/atom maintainer too and I'm pretty
sure he has few devices on his own.

Regards,
Czarek