trying to open ucm2/conf.d/simple-card/Unknown-UnknownProduct-.conf for PinePhonePro

GitHub issues - edited github at alsa-project.org
Mon Aug 15 18:45:41 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #199 was edited from ollieparanoid:

Hi,

we are trying to narrow down why alsa-lib tries to open `/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/conf.d/simple-card/Unknown-UnknownProduct-.conf` instead of the proper path `/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/PinePhonePro/PINE64-PinePhonePro-.conf` with custom (to-be-upstreamed to alsa-ucm-conf.git) ucm configurations we are using in postmarketOS for the PinePhonePro: https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports/-/tree/master/device/community/device-pine64-pinephonepro/ucm

It only happens for some users, but not for everybody. I've taken a quick look at the code but didn't see right away where the wrong path is built, `git grep UnknownProduct` gives no results.

Could somebody give us a hint where to look? I don't really have a clue how this works. Thanks!

Downstream discussion: https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports/-/merge_requests/3356

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/199
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf