Intel HDA Driver Issue With PCM RW Interleaved

re.mcclue re.mcclue at protonmail.com
Wed May 19 07:48:52 CEST 2021

I'm trying to play PCM buffer single threaded without buffer underrun.
Program source: https://gist.github.com/takaswie/d8a9553c230971d974a3dfc759b2ff67
(struct snd_pcm_sw_params).start_threshold is altered so as to allow specifying the start of audio frame transmission and prevent underrun issues.
In my application, on ioctl(fd, SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_STATUS, &status), I receive: File descriptor in bad state
Output of $(dmesg) is: [ 69.013084] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: Too big adjustment 128
What is causing this issue and how can I solve it?
Thanks