Question about daifmt of legacy DT on simple-card

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Fri Jan 15 00:20:30 CET 2021

Hi Mark

Thank you for your feedback

> > It rollbacks to legacy DT parsing at (B) if (A) didn't have
> > master settings.
> > Here, (B) re-try to get daifmt, and use "or" with (daifmt & ~CLOCK mask).
> > Why CLOCK mask ? and shouldn't it use mask when "or" ?
> > Otherwise FORMAT and INV part will be duplicated, I think.
> > for example
> > 	daifmt = (snd_soc_of_parse_daifmt() &  SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CLOCK_MASK) |
> > 		 (daifmt                    & ~SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CLOCK_MASK)
>
> > I think using snd_soc_of_parse_daifmt() only is very enough at (B),
> > but am I misunderstanding ??
>
> I have to confess I'm not entirely clear on what the intent is behind
> the code; we can work out what it *does* but looking at it again I'd be
> hard pressed to say what the actual intent is.  At the very least it
> needs more comments :/

I re-check it, and maybe my above assumption was not correct.
I think I could understand what it want to do,
but not 100% sure.
I can/want to cleanup around here.

Because my assumption might not 100% true,
I will post the patch with [RFC] prefix.

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto